Posted On April 16th, 2020 by Profit Network Australia
This article is a basic guide for small businesses to help them Goal Set.
Why should I set goals I hear you say! Here is the answer to that simple question. Every single small business owner, at any stage of the business lifecycle, needs goals to keep moving forward and maintain success in their businesses.
Goal setting can follow many different processes, and each one can be successful as long as it defines the long- and short term goals and devises a plan for getting there.
1. Goal Setting – Getting Started.
There’s no denying the importance of business goals. Goals provide direction, motivation and a clear way to measure your progress. Without goals, you may struggle to find the way forward from where you are right now to where you want to be.
2. Cheat Sheet – 30 -Minutes Goal Setting.
Goal setting doesn’t have to be a long and complicated process. If you have just 30 minutes, you can follow these Three simple steps to create a goal for your small business:
1. Pick a Theme. Sometimes, this step can be accomplished by identifying just one word that encompasses what you hope to accomplish.
2. Make an Action List. This is where brainstorming comes in and this will involve brainstorming every possible action that you may need to take in order to achieve your goal. Once you have written down everything you can think of, go back and break down each idea so it becomes a list of simple actions. Start to begin to reduce the items on your list and remember to keep the list handy so that you can add and revise it when necessary.
3. Commit to the Process. One of the main reasons people fail to achieve their goals is because they don’t make a commitment to see it through. You can overcome that hurdle by writing down your intentions on paper. It’s almost like making a contract with yourself, making a promise that you will do one thing, even if it’s one small thing, to support your goal every day.
Profit Network Australia are committed to helping its members achieve successful goal setting for their businesses. So, remember to take it one action item at a time, and to take time to reward and acknowledge yourself for the progress you make.